Press releases are inexpensive ways to get the word out about your business and build your brand, but you can make each press release stretch further if you have a plan outside of random distribution. Instead, figure out exactly who you want to see it, target the words toward your audience and make it easy for the press to find you. Then, ensure that your press release includes thought behind it. Here’s how to get more value out of your press releases.
1. Add Important Links – While most links for online press releases are no follow, still include a link or two to your website and the product or event announcement on your website.
2. Craft Compelling Headlines – Your headline should evoke curiosity from the reader by answering a question that has been burning for the audience.
3. Repost It on Your Website – A press release is more content for your website. Release it first on your own site, then send it to your connections.
4. Build Relationships – Use press releases to build relationships with your audience and journalists by respecting what your audience wants to know and how the journalist wants to learn it.
5. Time It Right – Depending on your niche, you’ll want to send the press release at the right time to get the most readers.
6. Send to the Right People – Don’t just blanket press rooms with your release; instead be laser targeted with who gets the release so that you don’t get known as a PR spammer.
7. Include a Photo – By including a photo of yourself, or the product in question, you’ll be more likely to get the release read.
8. Include a Video – Have you produced a video that explains your product or has a sound bite that the press can use? The awesome thing about digital press releases is that they can include videos or links to videos, providing more information for the press.
9. Include Keywords – Using keywords is important in headlines, subtitles and bullets. Be careful about creating keyworded links because you want don’t want the press release to be stuffed, but you do want to use keywords strategically so that the search engines pick it up.
10. Include an Important Story – The words inside your press release matter; the story must be important and compelling enough to get readers to not only read but to act on what they read.
11. Share and Ask for Shares – When you distribute a press release, share it with everyone and ask them to share it too. Don’t just rely on the press connections or the PR firm you use if you hire one.
Press releases are good for SEO, building relationships, proving expertise and more. They are also good for announcing new products, events and grand openings. But, you have to get in the practice of writing them and distributing them for them to work.
A Message from Norma...
In case you're curious, I started working online in 1997 - in the dinosaur days of the internet. My purpose here at HomeFreeMedia is to help YOU build the business of your dreams by developing and recommending top quality products and tools. This will also result in profit and affiliate commissions for me, so we both win!
Sign up here for news and special offers.
Please note that some products are not exclusive to HomeFreeMedia so that you don't make duplicate purchases.