The main point of events that are designed to grow your business is to get more email list subscribers. Just like giving away a free eBook, eReport, or white paper can increase your list, so can live events. But often, live events attract a lot more people a lot faster than promoting a free PDF file.
The reason is that live events are thought of as a lot more personal in nature, giving the audience a chance to interact with the movers and shakers within your niche, to hobnob with the experts, and to get personal attention. Somehow live events are just a lot more effective and personal than a PDF report.
1. Hosting Teleseminars and Webinars – You can literally reach hundreds of people at one time with a live teleseminar or webinar, all while you’re sitting in your home or even a hotel room at the beach. You can host them free, or for a fee; it’s up to you and depends on your goals. To expand your reach, highly consider free.
2. Join with Others – Joint venture partnerships for events work very well because the more experts on the panel who will present, the less work it is for you. And you can all take advantage of the power of marketing through each other’s lists.
3. Give It Away Free – This is mentioned above, but important enough to bring up again. Hosting a free event will get more registrants than hosting a paid event, which means more people on your email list. Your email list is the best place to market to them over time but since it usually takes time to convert people, this is a great start.
4. Collect Registrants’ Information – For every event, require at least an email address with a double opt-in form so that you can send them other information about your products and services. Most people will be fine with at least providing a first name and email, but don’t make them jump through too many hoops. You can always collect more information later.
5. Demonstrate Your Products or Services – Use a live event to demonstrate how your products and/or services solve problems for your audience. If you can show them by using case studies, and actual demonstrations of how your system/product/service works, you’ll get more believers who are willing to spend money.
6. Teach Your Audience Something – If you have a coaching practice, a great way to attract more clients is to actually teach your audience something, at least a taste of a larger service. For instance, if you’re a web designer, you can teach your audience how easy it is to use WordPress for designing interactive websites. Believe it or not, many people will choose to hire you instead of doing it themselves – even if you teach them how to do it.
7. Preview Higher Priced Events – Let’s say you’re having a live, in-person event in Vegas. A webinar or teleseminar is a great way to give the audience a taste of what they’ll get at the event and meet the people who are going to be speaking at the event.
8. Expand Credibility – Interview experts, current and former clients/customers live on the air to help expand your credibility with your audience. When they meet people that you’ve helped, they’ll be more likely to trust you when it comes time to purchase a product or service from you.
9. Replay Events – What’s really great about live events is that you can record them and then reuse and replay them. That means you work once, and then put that work that you did once to use many times over.
Growing your business with live events is a very effective way to increase your reach, establish credibility and to earn new business, as well as get long-term business from people who are already fans of yours. Thankfully, with easy-to-use technology like Instant Teleseminar and Webinars OnAir, it’s simple to put together a successful event.
A Message from Norma...
In case you're curious, I started working online in 1997 - in the dinosaur days of the internet. My purpose here at HomeFreeMedia is to help YOU build the business of your dreams by developing and recommending top quality products and tools. This will also result in profit and affiliate commissions for me, so we both win!
Sign up here for news and special offers.
Please note that some products are not exclusive to HomeFreeMedia so that you don't make duplicate purchases.